Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day Two: I'm so High... up in Franklin County





So I was wondering where the highest point is in Franklin County Kansas.. I think I found it. The new Elizabeth Layton Center is positioned right off of Eisenhower Road and I-35. For those of you not familiar with Elizabeth Layton, she is a famous artist from Wellsville,Kansas (in Franklin County). She became depressed late in life and used art to bring happiness to herself and others. www.elizabethlayton.com




In my travels around Ottawa today, I saw the Ford dealership at 68Hwy and Main Street. No great stories about this, except I bought a car there one time.





This evening I had a Mission Trip meeting and Potluck with my church at Lincoln Elementary School. Lincoln (home of the Lions) is a really super cool school, and is one of the newer buildings in Ottawa.

3 comments:

Jai Johnson • JaiArt.Com said...

Elizabeth Layton's work is so interesting! I loved reading her story...thanks for sharing!

Kat Simpson said...

How do you deal with these days that keep you running errands all day? You are amazing :)
Kat

goooooood girl said...

i like your blog......